NIMAC’s mission is to support the growth and prosperity of the NFARS and its personnel, creating a positive economic impact on the Western New York community is the vehicle to the future. Working together with our members, strategic business partners, and our community, we can continue to build and be the foundation of future missions.
Where Will the Future Take Us?
914th Airlift Wing
Air Force C-130 regional simulator mission for the Northeast which includes a direct investment of $6.5 million in Federal funds which will be used to:
- Build the facility to house the simulator
- Create twenty (20) permanent technician positions (salaries range from $80,000-$125,000 per year)
KC-135 Returns to NFARS
Announced in the 2017 Presidential budget is the mission shift from the current inventory of C-130H2 aircraft to the KC-135R Aerial Refueler
- Full revamp of the existing base hydrant system
- Adding 27 FTE (Full Time Equivalent) positions to base manning
- 5 Hangars capable of handling KC-135R’s including 2 fuel cells
107th Airlift Wing
Remotely Piloted Aircraft Mission (RPA)
- The assigned air vehicle is the MQ-9 Reaper
- Manning package of approximately 630 personnel
- Base wide upgrade of communication speed and capacity
- Strategic location on northern border; in close proximity to upstate Ontario and Adirondack special use airspace.
- Two runways – main runway can handle any aircraft in the USAF inventory; Takeoff Distance Available of 10,500+ft and hardened in 2012 for aircraft up to 800,000lbs.
- 43 acres (1.87 million sq. feet) of ramp and apron can accommodate up to 36 C-130 equivalents.
- $26,000,000 hydrant refueling system already in place.
- 57% of facilities’ “footprint,” apron and ramps is shared-use, creating unique cost efficiencies.
- 37% of facilities have been modernized in the last 10 years.
- Significant buildable acreage.
- Three drop zones on base; 15,000 sq mi Low-Altitude Training Navigation area; myriad terrain and weather conditions within 150nm; unencumbered airspace given the low population / aircraft operations density.
- Composite Maintenance Facility.
- 491K POL storage capability.